So, how is your vegetable garden doing this year?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Lucky. I'm happy to be seeing blooms! Now, tomatoes irritate my lips for about an hour after I eat them fresh, but fresh tomatoes (especially from my garden) are one of my favorite foods...so I endure. Hope it never gets any worse.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lucky. I'm happy to be seeing blooms! Now, tomatoes irritate my lips for about an hour after I eat them fresh, but fresh tomatoes (especially from my garden) are one of my favorite foods...so I endure. Hope it never gets any worse.
yes lucky you! I tried to endure and each time it got worse! I'm talking itchy rash,severe sinus congestion, cough, swollen glands in my throat makes it hard to swallow...and these symptoms last for several weeks

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
yes lucky you! I tried to endure and each time it got worse! I'm talking itchy rash,severe sinus congestion, cough, swollen glands in my throat makes it hard to swallow...and these symptoms last for several weeks

Ouch!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
For those of you that were having problems with your blueberry bushes, please come to southern Maryland and pick away! picking every other day and pulling about 4- 5lbs in an hour. Got 12 pints of jam done today from what I picked yesterday and will put up another batch of jam and 2-3 more batches of pie filling. 10-15lbs in freezer for winter baking and then the critters can have the rest! The yellow jackets are already starting to eat the berries so going to get hazardous to pick soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
For those of you that were having problems with your blueberry bushes, please come to southern Maryland and pick away! picking every other day and pulling about 4- 5lbs in an hour. Got 12 pints of jam done today from what I picked yesterday and will put up another batch of jam and 2-3 more batches of pie filling. 10-15lbs in freezer for winter baking and then the critters can have the rest! The yellow jackets are already starting to eat the berries so going to get hazardous to pick soon.

Wow.... This is my 1st year with my bushes producing fruit and didn't get many cause of the birds. Got netting for next year. Love my berries. Congrats on a great harvest.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Kale thief 20170711_135324.jpg I guess it was good!20170711_135437.jpg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got a couple of groundhogs as well. They have cleared out my bog, seems they love water celery. Relocated one and now another one is after the last of the blackberries and the blueberries!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I can't believe I can no longer eat zucchini, cucumbers or any other melons, seems I've developed a sudden allergy!
I thought I'd have a reaction to only store bought, blamed on whatever poisons they spray on, but turns out my own grown do me even worse
I don't get it! How can something so healthy for most, can be so bad for me to eat?:(
doctor apt?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Been gone since Monday so I'm afraid as to what I will find when we get home tomorrow. Picked 3 dozen tomatoes and 7 quarts of blueberries before we left. Guessing I will be canning all weekend.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My eggplant plants are barely 10" high! My tomatoes look like green marbles and golf balls. Just a terrible season here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not from my garden but restaurant. Stuffed fried squash flowers, so good wish the season was longer for them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not from my garden but restaurant. Stuffed fried squash flowers, so good wish the season was longer for them.
I used to make fried zucchini flowers! I dipped them in some kind of milk and flour batter, fried them and then sprinkle a bit of sugar over it. A thing of the past now!

Ask a Question