What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Yea, but @bettasngoldfish , look at Faebinder's zone - 7a! We are 5/6! Bummer.

I'm edge of 6 vs. 7. Ohio is definitely worse than here. It's a 450 gallon pond that is only 2' deep. I did use a tank heater that is set to work when temp hits 35 F. The falls and aerator prevented the pond from 100% freezing even when we got 18 inches of snow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm edge of 6 vs. 7. Ohio is definitely worse than here. It's a 450 gallon pond that is only 2' deep. I did use a tank heater that is set to work when temp hits 35 F. The falls and aerator prevented the pond from 100% freezing even when we got 18 inches of snow.

Okay, We do have similar size ponds (mine is 500 gallons and 3 feet deep) I use a pond de-icer and four airstones over the winter and the pond was never completely frozen over (even last winter when we had record breaking cold and snow)

I would love to get a better look at your goldfish if and when you get some more shots :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Okay, We do have similar size ponds (mine is 500 gallons and 3 feet deep) I use a pond de-icer and four airstones over the winter and the pond was never completely frozen over (even last winter when we had record breaking cold and snow)

I would love to get a better look at your goldfish if and when you get some more shots :)

I'll do my best. Gotta catch them all.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This morning.
2016-02-27 10.33.01.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States

Ok I tried to get as many as I can. The last has the two bubble eyes next to each other. Wintered well. In the third picture, between the two crystal ranchus you can see an unclear calico goldfish. That's my one eyed dragon. He did well in the winter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 147
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I tried to get as many as I can. The last has the two bubble eyes next to each other. Wintered well. In the third picture, between the two crystal ranchus you can see an unclear calico goldfish. That's my one eyed dragon. He did well in the winter.

Very nice variety of fish in your pond, I love the chubby fancy goldfish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As time passes this view will disappear.............finally got all the ponds flowing, well except the deck pond and stream, maybe get that done tomorrow.
And I pulled from the deep my two hybrid lilies, the purple fantasy, they are growing and survived the winter! So happy :)
pond.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG

Ask a Question