What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have volunteer tomato plant that came up near my water fall pond and use some water from the filter to water it and got lots of cherry tomato's so far .I just got done uploading a video on you tube about the extreme blades i bought for my cub cadet .An boy do they chop up the grass real fine .Make it easier for it to break down to fertilize the lawn.Plus the grass does not get shoved under the covers for over my spindles .It took me forever before picking all the grass out from under the covers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I know this is not of a pond. But I had to share. Is a pic of my niece at the zoo. Thought it was such a neat pic
image.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
has any one ever seen an orchid praying mantis .What a pretty bug
Do you have a picture? I have not seen any mantis this year, I think they hatched out in our warm March then froze in our cold April. I usually see them everywhere.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are beautiful! I sure am hoping we did not lose all of our mantis. We did lose all apples, peaches, plums, mulberries, black locust, my seeds emerged, they died. The three days of 25 after the warm March killed them off.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There is even blue ones and never knew .What a pretty thing to see in a garden .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's starting to look a little more like Autumn around my pond. Fewer plants are flowering and the waterlilies are beginning to turn yellow.

IMG_2332 copy.jpg

IMG_2321 copy.jpg

IMG_2329 copy.jpg

It's been awhile since I've shown the bog. Here it is. It's kept my pond crystal clear for three years now!
IMG_2323 copy.jpg

Bullfrog
IMG_2324 copy.jpg

The Milkweed seed pods are starting to explode. Unfortunately, Milkweed Bugs have sucked the juices out of them. At least I didn't need to collect anymore for my garden.
IMG_2317 copy.jpg

Ask a Question