What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had to remove a wheel barrow full from my pond and filters and waterfall pond but it has taken over again in less than a month

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had to remove a wheel barrow full from my pond and filters and waterfall pond but it has taken over again in less than a month
Bog bean? It has grown real slow for me. This is the first year it grew a lot, in four years.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I think that is actually creeping jenny. I have it too and love it! It is very VERY hardy, maybe too hardy! :) I am also trying out a greenhouse type style on my pond this year. I'd be interest in your progress! How you going to fit all those guppies back into a 5g!? ;)
I have a bigger tank and going to move them inside soon...
Will post pictures of plastic frame over ponds when I get it done. Just a little plastic frame seems to hold heat in better...

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't know how you do it colleen .Working a lot and all the decorating you do and keeping up with the pond .I am retired and can't keep up .Having a coffee break now with cinnamon roll flavored creamer in it .YUMMY I love all your ferns troutredd and the pond looks fantastic

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I dont think bog bean is invasive. they are super slow grower. I have mine this is the second year and i only got 2 leaves....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
water hyacinth again needs thinned out

Attachments

• 100_8763.JPG
    100_8763.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_8764.JPG
    100_8764.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 124

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't know how you do it colleen .Working a lot and all the decorating you do and keeping up with the pond .I am retired and can't keep up .Having a coffee break now with cinnamon roll flavored creamer in it .YUMMY I love all your ferns troutredd and the pond looks fantastic

I can't keep up, its a dream world over here... Hubby better get the dishes and laundry done, change babes "P" pad at back door and get the garden picked tomorrow! Ha ha ha!!! Hubby feeds the fish and the puppy children too, and on weekends we both take them to park in truck. :) living the "Dream"!
Having a good time right now in my greenhouse. Spilled my glass of wine moving stuff around and dancing in my playhouse :)
20161002_013840.jpg
20161002_013843.jpg
20161002_013746.jpg
20161001_005853.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to do all that when my boys were little but after they grew up it is even hard for me to put up a christmas tree .Back then it was fun to watch them get all excited .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
"Hubby feeds the fish and the puppy children too, and on weekends we both take them to park in truck. :) living the "Dream"!"

@callingcolleen1 I have never taken my fish to the park but good for you on getting them out for a fun trip ;):LOL:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well my pond and changed its clothes.

This was Saturday
Capture2.JPG

Sunday the lilies went to sleep poof gone......

Capture.JPG

Today the bog went to sleep, there were frogs hopping around everywhere. Hated messing up their home, but it needs to be done. If they try to winter there they will die.
Capture1.JPG

I was given 4 elephant ears, they really grew great, we pulled around 25 plus out, all sizes. Now need to read and see what I can do to try and preserve a few of them. See if they will regrow next year.

My helper he is standing right behind them on a rock.
IMG_0434.jpg

I am standing in the midst of them, I am 5'8".
IMG_0442.jpg

Ask a Question