What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just yesterday. But today the whole pond got so much rain the topsoil i put in the near by 'new' native/wild flower plot got in the pond :cry: and the lotus's no more.

IMG_6636.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG

Monarch look-a-like
IMG_6640.JPG

First and only bloom. I just plant it this year. no more though.. rain got it :(
IMG_6647.JPG

I thought i have like all colors of lilies, but i've only seen yellow this year...
IMG_6635.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sorry to hear and hope they come back .Which they should .We had heavy rain also .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The lotus plant is fine, just the flower got washed off. Next year I hope to have more bloom!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Just look at all my guppies I have to save before winter!!! Got a fish tank heater in there now, but will be difficult to find them all as some are just so tiny! All of these guppies came from a little 5 gallon tank I have in the house, put half of them out this spring, and now they breed out of control!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The lilies started blooming again after it finally cooled off. The last hurrah!
20160924_114421.jpg

I have a lot of these spider webs everywhere, never have seen so many. They are in trees, on the ground, everywhere.

20160924_104531.jpg
20160924_104542.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hmm you sure you want to see leafman :)man that spider tunnel looks scary ,not sure i would mess with that .Could be a monster spider :cautious:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hmm you sure you want to see leafman :)man that spider tunnel looks scary ,not sure i would mess with that .Could be a monster spider :cautious:
They are funnel web spiders, says they come out at night. The ones in Australia are very dangerous, their bite is deadly to humans

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Just look at all my guppies I have to save before winter!!! Got a fish tank heater in there now, but will be difficult to find them all as some are just so tiny! All of these guppies came from a little 5 gallon tank I have in the house, put half of them out this spring, and now they breed out of control!
I think that is actually creeping jenny. I have it too and love it! It is very VERY hardy, maybe too hardy! :) I am also trying out a greenhouse type style on my pond this year. I'd be interest in your progress! How you going to fit all those guppies back into a 5g!? ;)

Ask a Question