What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
He said his dog diesel jumps up on the trampoline to play get away with the deer .Told Lisa she should film it .Getting dark here thunder and hoping we get rain with this storm .Diesel is a 150 pound pit bull and deer scares him when she chases him ,but he chases her .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
that's a pied or ball pied deer, pretty rare around here but we see them from time to time
pretty cool that it comes to the yard and gets along with the dogs
there is one campground we go to in SC that every time we go before we leave my wife has at least one deer eating out of her hands.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is he lives in NJ Woodbridge to be exact and most properties are smaller in the development .But he has a bigger lot and grows veggies and she was eating them so he starting feeding her to save his veggies .He planted a deer garden 2 years ago just for her .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feed the deer in the woods behind my house and keep lots of fresh water for them and straw for bedding .I try to only go back there when I can see they are not around so I don't scare them .This an old pic when i fed them on the side yard
pics on durecell back up 002.jpg

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
after a storm a few years back I found a baby deer in my bushes and it thought i was a deer my self. wouldn't leave me alone. played with it for the day and then left it alone for a while and momma came back and got "Stormy"
The next year after another big thunder storm my wife found another baby deer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My ducks found my pond (about 200 feet from their house). They havnt got a courage to go in yet though :D

IMG_8770.JPG

My bog is just explode... I have so many different type of flowers I've never thought made it!
IMG_8772.JPG

IMG_8784.JPG

What is this?
IMG_8779.JPG

Graceful cattail?
IMG_8778.JPG

and my calla!!
IMG_8696.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Good grief Nepen, so much is growing! How long have you been there now? Like a year isn't it? I can't believe how much stuff has grown in, it looks lovely!
How shallow is your lotus planted?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This is actually a 3rd summer but the plants are mostly just from last summer. They just grow like crazy! And I love it!!!

The lotus has about 6 inches of water on top... can be from 12 though... if it rain and my pond's full :)

My lotus pics from last year. This year I'll have many more flowers! Love it.
IMG_6633.JPG

IMG_6646.JPG

Ask a Question