How to hide the liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Creeping Jenny, Creeping Charley,

Two totally different things - although often confused. Creeping Charley is a weed (also known as ground ivy) that was probably introduced as a shade loving ground cover at one point or another... like most invasive species, we seem to be the reason they all get where they shouldn't! It's nearly impossible to control without resorting to herbicides or digging out whole areas of your lawn. Ask me how I know...

Anyway... creeping JENNY is a moneywort. Also an aggressive grower, but easy to contain with a little effort. Look for the golden or yellow variety if you're new to creeping Jenny - it's a bit less aggressive, although still impressive in it's ability to spread! In the sun it's full on yellow; in shadier areas it's more chartreuse-y green.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
creeping jenny can creep all over your lawn also . You can use spray foam and embed stones in it or gravel . they sell both black and grey and brown in spray foam in cans

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Slide6.JPG
Creeping charlie my bees love the flowers, I hate the plant (NOT MY PICTURES)

1644166159074.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CHARLIE was here before i got here it is my back lawn way out back .

I'D NEVER RECOMEND PLANTING IT IN YOUR YARD

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We did not have it for years, but our neighbor mowed to a almost dirt level to make it so less mowing. Well charlie is a weed, with no grass it took off and now is everywhere in our yard. Impossible to kill off without killing everything that is growing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fertilizers will do the job as we only do the front ands it was eradicated out there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Two totally different things - although often confused. Creeping Charley is a weed (also known as ground ivy) that was probably introduced as a shade loving ground cover at one point or another... like most invasive species, we seem to be the reason they all get where they shouldn't! It's nearly impossible to control without resorting to herbicides or digging out whole areas of your lawn. Ask me how I know...

Anyway... creeping JENNY is a moneywort. Also an aggressive grower, but easy to contain with a little effort. Look for the golden or yellow variety if you're new to creeping Jenny - it's a bit less aggressive, although still impressive in it's ability to spread! In the sun it's full on yellow; in shadier areas it's more chartreuse-y green.
Wow guess I was mislead. Someone told me they were the same a long time ago. Glad I jot the right kind!

My Jenny kind will travel into the grass if allowed to get that far and had it in a garden patch a long time ago and it did just that so pulled it all outta there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow guess I was mislead. Someone told me they were the same a long time ago. Glad I jot the right kind!

My Jenny kind will travel into the grass if allowed to get that far and had it in a garden patch a long time ago and it did just that so pulled it all outta there.
I have both and the weed version can be bad, but I gots lots of other contenders for my post office wanted posters...the 'jenny' is fairly easy to contain, imo; and I often have bug damage first, thus negating any effort from me to keep it where I want it!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fertilizers will do the job as we only do the front ands it was eradicated out there
Our grass area is pure crap soil, a bit of dirt over layers of shale. I honestly don't care to try and make it better. impossible to water without running 100's of feet of hoses or lines. The yard is on its own. Most of the time the grass does ok, the charlie crawled through the grass and is now in all of the gardens.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know of at least three common plants that are sometimes called Creeping Charlie.

• Glechoma hederacea, also known as Ground-ivy, in the Mint Family (Lamiaceae).
Plectranthus verticillatus, also known as Swedish Ivy, though it is a tropical plant native to southern Africa, Mint Family (Lamiaceae).
Lysimachia nummularia, also known as Moneywort or Creeping Jenny, in the Primrose Family (Primulaceae).

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You know when you mow it, walk on it, pull it has a very unique smell. Not a bad smell but a smell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You know when you mow it, walk on it, pull it has a very unique smell. Not a bad smell but a smell.
hey Boss, do we have the funds in the Castle to fly Marck out to positively ID what's growing all down the hill???

Alternately, is there a water path from Ca to Md you'd like to make in the near future????

;):cool::p:D:rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hey Boss, do we have the funds in the Castle to fly Marck out to positively ID what's growing all down the hill???

Alternately, is there a water path from Ca to Md you'd like to make in the near future????

;):cool::p:D:rolleyes:
Might take a year or so and a whole ton of funds for gas.......................... 1200 just from NJ to MD do have some left.

Ask a Question