addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see very few .jpg or .pdf or .docx. It seems to have recovered a bunch of system files, some junk etc. I need to do a little more looking then quit. I can recreate a lot of the stuff loss, and no pictures lost. Don't have the time to drive myself totally crazy, crazy enough as it is......................

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Free programs are usually pretty basic.
If you can recreate your stuff, I would spend your time on that instead.
Agree! This was a "young" lappy, not much on it. My backup was a whole 4gbs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@addy1 - consider using Google drive (or Dropbox, or any cloud based file storage) for your non-sensitive documents. That way you don't lose them if the computer poops out. For example, I save all my recipes in Google drive - easy to share and easy to get to from my phone if I'm at the grocery store and need to check for ingredients. You can create them using Google docs - free and simple to use. Just a thought!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am thinking of doing that, have one that came with the lappy, do have google do have dropbox, and a few others, just have never gotten around to setting them up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I really like the convenience of being able to access documents from my computer, phone, computer away from home, etc. I don't have anything confidential in my dropbox or google drive - just stuff I want to keep handy. And if I get a new computer, it's all still there.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to get my behind in gear and set it up. It would have been nice to have my docs saved. I don't worry about the photos. Luckily this was a "young" computer and did not have much on it.

I now have dropbox set up...........nothing to save to it yet lol

I have been using google photo, got a lot on there, looks like they are going to restrict the amount you can save now with the new google drive.

Can't complain to much, this is my first ever total crash.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll guess what I had onedrive set up and running, but I was saving things in folders on the desktop, so most not saved. But there are some saved. So from now on save where they belong lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have to go on my husband's computer every once in a while and make sure he is saving to dropbox and not to his desktop. He is a careless saver - never knows exactly where things are going!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well now I am getting the blue screen of death every other time I wake the computer back up. Getting the same message it can not fix the start up issue. I can this at least say restart and the computer does restart at this time.....................

I am going to contact dell and costco, it is only 6 months old and see what they can do for me.

Ask a Question