j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That does sound awful hot especially for that long of a time. Do they know about the heat problem? I might get a hold of Costco and tell them what is going on now and about the hot problem. They might give you a new one or a different one. I don't think they want that computer to start a fire or blow up on you!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Update. They got it working. It has been doing fine.

BUT..............last night computer idle screen off went to pick it up to use.......almost burned my hand it was so hot.

Back to it won't reboot. Did all the fixes the software dell fix it software fired up and IT CAN NOT FIX the boot up ISSUE!
RESTORE AGAIN!

I sent dell a message basically I want a new lappy! Nicely worded of course. Still under warranty until March 2018.

Struggling to type in phone screen. My hands don't like it.

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
If it's that hot and based on other issues they need to send a tech out; it isn't a software problem. Probably a bad CPU (fan) or other cooling fan. Unless the vent out or in was somehow blocked.

Other issues could cause this but most likely is a fan not working. If you have upgraded video that also has a fan. Hopefully they just replace the system board or video card also.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never leave it sitting on anything except a hard surface, the vents are on the bottom.

I rebooted it x 6, totally down and back on, it started working again. This was the error this time using support assist.

I am waiting to hear back from them. all those orange triangles are mircosoft edge issues.
blue screen.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No clue but good luck. This is prolly getting really old for you. Hope they can help make this right for you. I hope this is not getting close to what they call Dell Hell. I have heard of this but never been in it w/mine..................yet!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hubby said toss it and buy a new one, but this one was not cheap and not even a year old. I have trouble tossing...........

And what to get that might be better. I would go back to apple, but we are very android and windows driven with all that we have.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
W/what Mitch just posted I would use that as ammo to make them give you a new one or actually a different model if that one you have is doomed to cause problems. If Dell won't make it good then I would complain to Costco w/the same evidence. Tell them you don't want that model and it should not be continued to be sold w/o a permanent solution since many others are having the same trouble w/it.

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You can Google the error; it's something to do with a win says driver and seems obviously to be the video driver. Find the manufacture, not dell, and go to their web site and download the latest driver. That said, how to find manufacture, go to computer, right click, choose manage then yes and device manager and look for the video card. It should list the manufacture. Video cards crap out, it's either hopefully an intel i5 or i7 but with the problems probably not. Download the latest driver, but probably it's a hardware malfunction.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You can Google the error; it's something to do with a win says driver and seems obviously to be the video driver. Find the manufacture, not dell, and go to their web site and download the latest driver. That said, how to find manufacture, go to computer, right click, choose manage then yes and device manager and look for the video card. It should list the manufacture. Video cards crap out, it's either hopefully an intel i5 or i7 but with the problems probably not. Download the latest driver, but probably it's a hardware malfunction.

I see the error as a wireless card driver, not a video card driver.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could you turn off the wireless and try using the computer via wired connection only?
No Ethernet connection, so wireless only.
Video cards crap out, it's either hopefully an intel i5 or i7 but with the problems probably not
It is a intel i7

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is what I got from dell support. I asked how would doing a restore help since I did that right around the end of July. I have a clean install of the operating system. I did a restore with everything updated to the newest and latest drivers. I haven't had the time to start working on the lappy yet. I did hard reboot it x7 and actually got it running again. Better than last time with the constant reboot to the blue screen of death.

"I have seen the error codes, this issue is caused due to corrupt operating system. I suggest you to perform a clean installation of operating system as it would wipe out everything on your computer and load a completely new operating system file on your computer with all the updated drivers. This is a one-time fix, rather than keep troubleshooting the operating system.

Please follow the below steps to perform operating system reinstallation.

You need to have an USB or a flash drive to download operating system and use it for installation on the system which is facing issues.

This process will take around 2-3 hours.

I would like to inform you that, you can create recovery media from Microsoft website using media creation tool.

You can create a recovery media from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

> Please create the media using a different system.

> Connect a 16 GB USB to the system.

> Run the media creation tool.

> Select using this tool to create installation media for another PC.

> Select the language, edition and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.

> Follow the steps to create the installation media, then select Finish when it’s done.

Now, use the USB media created and perform the steps given below on the system having issue.

> Restart the system and keep tapping F2 button to get into BIOS

> Select Boot tab and make following changes:

a. Boot List Option: [UEFI]

b. Load Legacy Option Rom: [Enable]

c. Secure Boot: [Disable]

Or

> Restart the system and keep tapping F2 to get into BIOS

> Follow General> Boot Sequence > Boot list option should be UEFI

> Follow General> Boot Sequence > Advance Boot option> Enable the Legacy options ROM

> Follow Secure Boot > Secure Boot Enable > Disable it

> Press F10, now insert the bootable USB drive in the system

> Restart the system and keep tapping F12 key

> Select the USB drive from the list

> Click next on the first screen and then follow the onscreen instructions

You can also follow the instruction with screenshots given in the link below to reinstall windows:

http://www.howtogeek.com/197559/how-to-install-windows-10-on-your-pc/

Please let me know if you face any difficulties while performing the above steps."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No Ethernet connection, so wireless only.

It is a intel i7
no ethernet port? on laptop? if there is one you can plu directly in to modem to grab the files you need to reinstall the wireless drivers

Ask a Question