addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You might want to start thinking of using that laptop as your new weather station computer only. That's what I've done with a handicapped laptop I have.
I have a cheap desktop I had set up for the weather station, but still having issues. I bought the software you have. It will not see the davis system. The ip address assigned is a exterior one, public ip, no matter what I do it will not load the data. That is on my list to mess with also...........sometime.

Public IP:
73.200.xxx.xx

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have a cheap desktop I had set up for the weather station, but still having issues. I bought the software you have. It will not see the davis system. ..

If it won't see the Davis console, it's usually looking at the wrong usb port#.
Snowstorms are usually a good time to mess with computers.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
for sure! I have a large list of things to mess with when it is cold outside and snowing,.............if we get snow this year.
Snowstorms are usually a good time to mess with computers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a problem uploading images from my phone!
With my old phone, I'd just connected the cable to the pc, and a pop up window would open so I could start the upload....with this phone nothing happens when I connect it to the pc!
I tried to look for settings I can't find anything to help pc see the phone....anyone has knowledge on this?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have a problem uploading images from my phone!
With my old phone, I'd just connected the cable to the pc, and a pop up window would open so I could start the upload....with this phone nothing happens when I connect it to the pc!
I tried to look for settings I can't find anything to help pc see the phone....anyone has knowledge on this?
Which phone and which computer/operating system, Gemma?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just send my photos to google .......dl the ones that I want or copy paste. As long as the lappy is working...............lol

https://photos.google.com/

To get the files from my phone I have to open the folder under this pc, then the phone name, then the dcim folder.

The galaxy 8 should work easily, I would think.

Did you try this?

"
Way 2: Transfer Pictures from Samsung Galaxy to Computer with USB Cable
1. Connect the Galaxy phone to computer using USB cable.
On the phone’s screen, a message will appear to inform you that you have connected to the computer.

2. Select “MTP” connection mode.
From the Notification panel, tap “USB Connection” alert and select the option “Media device (MTP)” to use Windows Explorer to manually transfer media files between your phone and the computer."

3. Transfer Samsung Galaxy Pictures to PC.
After successfully connected to computer, your Galaxy phone should automatically popup in “Computer” section, browse the “DCIM” folder to drag and drop you camera pictures to a specific folder on your computer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Look in " my computer. For the phone as a hard drive.
I did! I can see my phone in the pc default settings, but no matter what action I chose, nothing happened!...Yes I did click "save"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Did you try this?

"
Way 2: Transfer Pictures from Samsung Galaxy to Computer with USB Cable
1. Connect the Galaxy phone to computer using USB cable.
On the phone’s screen, a message will appear to inform you that you have connected to the computer.

2. Select “MTP” connection mode.
From the Notification panel, tap “USB Connection” alert and select the option “Media device (MTP)” to use Windows Explorer to manually transfer media files between your phone and the computer."

3. Transfer Samsung Galaxy Pictures to PC.
After successfully connected to computer, your Galaxy phone should automatically popup in “Computer” section, browse the “DCIM” folder to drag and drop you camera pictures to a specific folder on your computer.
I tried! When I do step 1, I hear the sound of connection, but no window opens on either phone, nor pc

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is withing the phone , or the pc

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got to love technology!

I am being driven insane by pop up apps, they pop up on my phone and want to be installed. Citibank is constantly trying to get me to install them. Games, etc. I have, now, three different security systems installed, malwares etc on the phone, no virus found. No malware.
Can not get those pita pop ups to stop and they play a loud obnoxious sound when they do pop up.

Have all done everything I can find on the net that says how to stop ads, have not found a way to stop pop up apps!

Back to your problem.............that I have no clue. Mine just shows up. Have you tried the old fashion reboot of the phone, while plugged in to the pc? I do fix some phone issues with a shut down restart.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have you tried the old fashion reboot of the phone, while plugged in to the pc? I do fix some phone issues with a shut down restart.
I just did....no luck!
Would you say it is a pc problem, or should I talk to Sprint where I got the phone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am in nj cover nj pa de md area and a IT company owner. Pm me here or email me. (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I hope everything is set,

I do back up weekly once and reset windows , from pc settings if I get into trouble.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just did....no luck!
Would you say it is a pc problem, or should I talk to Sprint where I got the phone?
I would start with sprint. Take your pc with you if you can.

Ask a Question